Wednesday, August 26, 2015

FRAMED PLEIN AIR LANDSCAPE by TOM BROWN

CLICK HERE for this ready-to-hang plein air painting
Many times when I come upon a scene like this I like to use the palette knife to paint with. It’s much more immediate than brushes. I simply open my pochade paint box and dive in. No brushes to select or solvents to prepare. I just grab my palette knife and have at it. 

My paints are already laid out in the pochade box and my panel is fastened in place, so there’s no preparation. I can begin painting immediately when the inspiration is upon me. 

This is a terrific example. It was a beautiful serene setting and I wanted to get that feeling into the painting. The palette knife was the perfect tool for the job. And I think this captured exactly what I felt at the moment. I hope it brings you a sense of peace and restfulness too. Thanks for looking and have a great day.

 BTW if you’re interested in that pochade I was talking about,
CLICK HERE
for more details.
Questions? Email me here: 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home