Monday, September 15, 2014

PLEIN AIR FIELD STUDY by TOM BROWN, SHOPPING MALL

I painted this while sitting in my car in the parking lot of a shopping mall. I had a little time to kill and thought this scene would make an interesting subject. I sometimes use oils directly on my sketchbook pages when doing a quick study like this.

For this one I began with a quick pencil drawing, then applied oil paints directly on that. The painted area is approximately 7x5 inches.

It was not originally intended as a finished painting. But after it was complete I realized it would look beautiful if placed in a nice frame, and so I decided to offer it on eBay.

Click HERE for this auction.
Browse my Etsy store too
Check out my downloadable Art Tutorials
Questions? Email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home