Sunday, September 14, 2014

BEARDED MAN “GUERILLA” PLEIN AIR PAINTING by TOM BROWN

Click HERE for this $1 auction.

I call this a “guerilla” painting because I painted it very stealthily while sitting at an outdoor café. This guy was slouching in his chair across the plaza from where I sat and I decided to do a quick study of him.

I started by doing a tiny pencil study in case he moved while I was painting. (I’m lucky I did.) Then I set to work using the tiny “pocket painting kit” I often carry (see the photo below).

I love doing these little paintings. They’re relaxing to paint, they go quickly, and they have lots of sparkle! Rather than store them away where nobody sees them I prefer to share them online at prices anyone can afford. If you want it click HERE.

Thanks for stopping to look.
Have a great day.
Tom Brown


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home