Sunday, September 07, 2014

AIRSTREAM CAMPER, PICNIC, PLEIN AIR PAINTING by TOM BROWN

Click HERE for this $1 auction.

I love painting miniatures like this. They’re relaxing to paint, they go quickly, and these little jewels have lots of sparkle! And whenever I spot one of these Airstream campers I love to capture it in oils.

I painted this from the front seat of my car, while parked very near this charming picnic setup. For this painting I used the little “pocket kit” I’ve talked about previously on my blog (see photo below, taken during a previous painting trip). It’s perfect for situations like this.

I’ve shared the idea for this pocket-sized painting kit with other artists in live workshops I teach, and some of them have also adopted it for certain paintings. If you’re an artist I encourage you to give it a try too. Painting outdoors is loads of fun! And it will improve your studio paintings as well. Go for it, and I wish you HAPPY PAINTING!

Tom Brown


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home